Searching for a good web designer can be a hard task. There are a lot of people out there who claim to be great web designers, but do not know what they are doing. There are also individuals who claim to be web designers but just want to rip people off. You have to go through a lot of applicants to find the person or company who will be right for the job. There are a few things you need to take into consideration when searching for a web designer.
The first thing you should do is to ask around. The best way to get a referral is to find someone you know who has used a web designer. This way you can get details on how much the person or company charges, work ethic, and how good his work is.
Any potential designer you look at should be able to quote you for the whole job. If the designer says that he charges per page you should end the conversation right there. Charging per page will get extremely expensive. Make sure to find out about intellectual property ownership of the site. This means when the site is done, you will maintain ownership of it. You will be able update the site and not have to use the original designer of the site.
There are certain skills that every web designer should possess. Be sure to check their qualifications and previous work to find out if they have these skills.
• HTML- writing codes that will be displayed on the web page
• CSS (Cascading Style Sheets)- This controls the fonts, colors, and sizes that appear on the web page
• Graphic Design- knowledge of designing logo, editing images, and making navigation graphics
• Marketing- the designer should know how to get your page more traffic
• SEO (Search Engine Optimization)- knowing how to optimize sites keywords.